Saturday, November 19, 2011

I joined a simple womans daybook




















outside my window....

Its overcast right now I hope we get some sun today
I am thinking...
Of all the things that need to be done today
I am thankful...
getting to sleep in this morning ah that felt good.

In the kitchen...
I am thinking of making pot roast soup for dinner with some good crusty bread.
I am wearing...
I hate to admit this but I am still in my PJ's.
I am creating...
In the craft room I am putting together art kits for my grandchildren for Christmas I have a lot of extras in there and thought that would make a nice gift for them.
I am going...
Going shopping for thanksgiving dinner. I still need to make a list so I don't have to make a rerun to the store
I am wondering...
About how I'm going to extend the table for thanksgiving. we have such a small dinning room. Maybe I can move furniture to extend it into living room.
I am reading...
an Amish cookbook. I know it sounds silly but I love reading a cookbook
I am hoping...
Secretly I am hoping my son makes it home for Thanksgiving. Hes in another state working on an oil rig. I know it probably won't happen, seeing he has to be back at work early the next day. but as a mama we always want our children around.
I am looking forward to...
To the grandchildren coming this week
I am hearing...
My husband putting wood into the big furnace.
Around the house...
lots of cleaning in honor of the big day. lol
I am pondering...
On which pies to make this thanksgiving
One of my favorite things...
Tea in front of my big bay window in the breakfast nook. watching the ducks in the pond.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Mostly anything I can do to get ready for Thanksgiving
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My son Kyle and his dog Zeek.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this post!
    Thank you for sharing a 'day in the life' :)

    I will be certain to send you the recipe for candy bar pie.... I'm warning you ... it's delicious.
    I'll get it out tomorrow, and send it to you in your comments.
    For what-ever reason, my email isn't wanting to connect with bloggers email addresses. I'm sure I have it on a wrong setting, or something.

    Love seeing the picture of your son, and dog :)
    I hope he can make it home for Thanksgiving too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy.
    As promised, here is the recipe for what we call 'Candy Bar Pie.'

    16 lg. marshmallows
    1/2 c. milk
    Melt marshmallows in milk over med.-low heat, until marshmallows are melted and combined with milk.
    Add 1 1/2 giant candy bars that have been chopped up.
    ie; Hershey's or Symphony bar.
    Stir into marshmallow mixture until all of the chocolate is melted.
    Cool to room temperature.
    Fold in 1 Cup of un-sweetened whip cream that has been whipped until fluffy. (use real whipped cream that has been whipped. If you use cool whip it will be far, far to sweet)
    Pour into prepared pie shell. Oreo pie shell or graham cracker crust is our favorite. My mom used to make this pie and use homemade pie crust shells.

    Hope that you have a chance to make it. It is really delicious. Big and fluffy with a chocolate mousse texture.

    ReplyDelete